From: Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Items for Council Agenda, May 14
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 21:27:13
1 On 04/30/2017 06:52 AM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > Am Samstag, 29. April 2017, 19:00:34 CEST schrieb Anthony G. Basile:
3 >> Hi everyone,
4 >>
5 >> The Gentoo Council will be meeting in two weeks. If anyone has any
6 >> issues we need to discuss, please let me know and I'll put it on the
7 >> agenda. Thanks.
8 >
9 > Guidelines for the council summaries
10 >
11 > This is the result of reading (and improving) way too many horrible old
12 > council summaries [*]. I see it as recommendation for best practices, not
13 > really something we need a written-and-stamped-approved policy for. Anyway we
14 > should maybe talk about it once.
15 >
16 > 1] Anything that was decided by the council outside the logged council meeting
17 > within the last month (e.g. a vote on a bug) needs to be added to the summary
18 > with reference to the source.
19 >
20 > 2] A link to the meeting agenda on archives.gentoo.org should be included in
21 > the log and/or summary.
22 >
23 > 3] Agendas and similar documents should be posted to the mailing list(s) as
24 > part of the main e-mail body, not as attachment (since the attachments are not
25 > shown on archives.gentoo.org).
26 >
27 > 4] Referenced documents (e.g. policy drafts available in somebody's devspace
28 > or on a pastebin) should be included in the log and/or summary (at the end).
29 > The only exception is texts available on archives.gentoo.org, in our VCSs or
30 > on our bugzilla.
31 >
32 > 5] If there was a formal vote, the summary should list voting results (x yes,
33 > y no, ...) and the exact wording that was voted on.
34 >
35 > Anything else?
36 >
37 > Cheers, Andreas
38 >
39 > [*] http://dev.gentoo.org/~dilfridge/decisions.html (work in progress)
40 >
41 This all sounds fantastic to me. It brings documentation to the
42 forefront, so if it's wrong we can correct or otherwise work on it. It
43 makes some council decisions easier for others (i.e. outsiders, new
44 Gentoo users/devs) to follow what's going on as well. I agree that
45 perhaps requiring it would be a bit too much, at least until we find
46 lazier ways to do it, but it can't hurt to start talking about it.
49 Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
50 OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net
51 fpr: AE03 9064 AE00 053C 270C 1DE4 6F7A 9091 1EA0 55D6