From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Formally have Council oversee the Foundation 2.0
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 23:19:32
1 On 01/14/2017 05:08 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2 > On 01/15/2017 12:03 AM, Matthew Thode wrote:
3 >> I think that any change needs to happen from both sides, which is the
4 >> main reason I tried to reach out to the council a couple of months ago.
5 >> Antagonism from either side isn't going to help things move along but
6 >> probably distract from actual goals (like this email probably is).
7 >
8 > Why doesn't the manifest presented ahead of the latest
9 > foundation/trustee election mention the pursuit of increased powers for
10 > trustees compared to the status quo?
11 >
12 > As for the approach to council, it has been established that the council
13 > generally prefer as discussion to happen on the public mailing lists
14 > before making any decisions, and the level of details was in any case
15 > too lax to make any determinations, i.e the proposal lacks detailed
16 > analysis and proposal for a decision to be made by council.
19 First, I don't think this is an extension of powers, but more of a
20 formalization of how things are, from a legal perspective.
21
22 If you are asking about my personal manifest it's because it wasn't in
23 the plan at the time.
24
25 I was told to go make a proposal on the public mailing lists. I've done
26 so and still not received feedback from the council as a body.
29 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)