From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Formally have Council oversee the Foundation 2.0
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 23:08:57
1 On 01/15/2017 12:03 AM, Matthew Thode wrote:
2 > I think that any change needs to happen from both sides, which is the
3 > main reason I tried to reach out to the council a couple of months ago.
4 > Antagonism from either side isn't going to help things move along but
5 > probably distract from actual goals (like this email probably is).
6
7 Why doesn't the manifest presented ahead of the latest
8 foundation/trustee election mention the pursuit of increased powers for
9 trustees compared to the status quo?
10
11 As for the approach to council, it has been established that the council
12 generally prefer as discussion to happen on the public mailing lists
13 before making any decisions, and the level of details was in any case
14 too lax to make any determinations, i.e the proposal lacks detailed
15 analysis and proposal for a decision to be made by council.
18 Kristian Fiskerstrand
19 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
20 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3