From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Groups under the Council or Foundation: the structure & processes thereof
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 01:53:53
1 On Thursday, October 13, 2016 7:22:44 PM EDT Matthias Maier wrote:
2 >
3 > I understand that you naturally feel quite strongly about what happened
4 > a while ago, but I would like to kindly ask you to discuss this specific
5 > topic and issue you raise on the other thread (threads) you opened, not
6 > on this one.
7
8 Ok
9
10 > The discussion here was about a very specific question about
11 > responsibilities of Gentoo bodies and power.
12
13 That is exactly what I was working on in 2008 when things turned bad. If you
14 see the changes to the By Laws, and other ideas I had expressed. It just took
15 years for any action. In part why this thread exist.
16
17 Would this thread exist if it were it not for the others?
18
19 > While things might have evolved differently if the past weren't as it is
20 > a - this simply doesn't change the simple fact how it is now. And that
21 > the project (the people involved and the mindset) are quite a bit
22 > different nowadays.
23
24 Yes and no, there is new blood new ideas, very good! Still some of the old, it
25 is a mix. Old did effect the new in 2015 with my return. That was bad.
28 William L. Thomson Jr.