From: Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Groups under the Council or Foundation: the structure & processes thereof
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 00:23:01
1 > I was harmful to the Foundation mailing list by some perceived CoC violation
2 > in 2008 and moderated. Like the above comments on the premises I may have
3 > drove others away from that mailing list.
4
5 > Short of 2007-2008, the list was and has been pretty dead. Why are people not
6 > active when I am not around? If I am so harmful. It was dead before I started
7 > posting in ~2007. Its been dead since 2008. I guess it is my fault no one is
8 > interested in the foundation since 2008? I drove everyone away never to
9 > return.
10
11 > Why is there a lack of interest in the Foundation?
12 > Who really harmed that community?
13 > Was it perceived CoC violations in 2008, or the resulting actions?
14
15 I understand that you naturally feel quite strongly about what happened
16 a while ago, but I would like to kindly ask you to discuss this specific
17 topic and issue you raise on the other thread (threads) you opened, not
18 on this one.
19
20 The discussion here was about a very specific question about
21 responsibilities of Gentoo bodies and power.
22
23 While things might have evolved differently if the past weren't as it is
24 a - this simply doesn't change the simple fact how it is now. And that
25 the project (the people involved and the mindset) are quite a bit
26 different nowadays.
27
28 Best,
29 Matthias