From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Groups under the Council or Foundation: the structure & processes thereof
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 21:44:40
1 On Thursday, October 13, 2016 11:27:45 PM EDT Andreas K. Hüttel wrote:
4 > The foundation, over these years, in contrast, was a quasi-defunct body
5 > whose main activity was to hand money to infra. At least in my perception,
6 > but I assume that this perception applies to more people.
7
8 Interesting statement.
9
10 > [Please keep in mind that mostly people who want to change something are
11 > participating in this discussion. There *may* be a large part of the
12 > developer communtity just happy with the current state of affairs. Wltjr's
13 > mails alone are sufficient to drive anyone away from -project who isn't
14 > willing to suffer.]
15
16 My actions drive people away, lets proceed on that premises. Keeping the above
17 in mind.
18
19 I was harmful to the Foundation mailing list by some perceived CoC violation
20 in 2008 and moderated. Like the above comments on the premises I may have
21 drove others away from that mailing list.
22
23 I have not been on the Foundation gentoo-nfp mailing list since 2008. How many
24 have been interested since based on the mailing list archive stats since?
25
26 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-nfp/
27
28 Short of 2007-2008, the list was and has been pretty dead. Why are people not
29 active when I am not around? If I am so harmful. It was dead before I started
30 posting in ~2007. Its been dead since 2008. I guess it is my fault no one is
31 interested in the foundation since 2008? I drove everyone away never to
32 return.
33
34 Why comments about the Foundation being quasi-defunct body over the years I
35 find to be ironic.
36
37 Why is there a lack of interest in the Foundation?
38 Who really harmed that community?
39 Was it perceived CoC violations in 2008, or the resulting actions?
40
41 Did I kill the -nfp list?
42 Could I really kill or hurt the gentoo-project list?
43
44 One hand I have an ego, next I am some existential threat to Gentoo...
47 William L. Thomson Jr.