From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP proposal: Gentoo GPG key policies
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 18:36:01
1 On Sun, 2013-11-10 at 17:45 -0800, Brian Dolbec wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2013-11-11 at 00:01 +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
3 > > Gentoo LDAP:
4 > > ============
5 > > All developers must list the complete GPG fingerprint for their root
6 > > keys in the "gpgfingerprint" LDAP field.
7 > >
8 > > It should be exactly 40 hex digits, uppercase, with optional spaces
9 > > every 8 hex digits. Regular expression for validation: ^[[:xdigit]]{8}(
10 > > ?[[:xdigit]]{8}){4}$
13 > The problem I can see happening allowing the optional spaces is that
14 > currently the fingerpint field is a space separated list of
15 > fingerprints. In the ldap-seeds code used to generate the
16 > developer.seeds file. I am splitting that field data on the spaces to
17 > get a python list of individual fingerprints. There are developers that
18 > have 2 fingerprints listed. If spaces are to be allowed in the
19 > fingerprint then we will need to use and enforce a different separator
20 > to divide the fingerprints. Currently in gentoo-keys I use the ":" as a
21 > separator in the gpgkey and fingerprint fields of the seed file. A "|"
22 > is used to separate the fields of the seed info.
25 Forget I said the above. I should have re-read my code first. Multiple
26 fingerprints are already returned as a list from python ldap. I already
27 had code in place to condense spaces in the fingerprint before the
28 checks.