From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Groups under the Council or Foundation: the structure & processes thereof
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 16:56:12
1 On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 11:49:45 -0400
2 "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Thursday, October 13, 2016 5:27:39 PM EDT Michał Górny wrote:
5 > >
6 > > No, the appeal is pointless because it's far too late for it to make
7 > > any sense. As you say, it was 8 years ago
8 >
9 > Not the events in 2015.
10
11 Ok. Then take an appropriate action instead of justifying them by your
12 further behavior.
13
14 > > And do something about your ego. Yes, we know you were the most
15 > > important person in the whole world, you already told us that. You
16 > > and your old friends, most of whom are not involved in Gentoo anymore.
17 > > That's all cool but that's the past. Now there are new people
18 > > in Gentoo, whether you like it or not. Those new people have put a lot
19 > > of effort into various aspects of Gentoo. Now those people are Gentoo
20 > > developers, and you are a newcomer to them.
21 >
22 > Thank you for the insults!
23 >
24 > New people or not, old problems still remain, and things that were not done in
25 > the past still have not been done. So what are these new people doing?
26
27 They are doing what they can. We're volunteers, you know.
28
29 > > If you want to do something about Gentoo, then do it. But start
30 > > respecting the others, not only the people who made up Gentoo back
31 > > in your days, and stop expecting to suddenly get all the privileges
32 > > that you had many years ago back.
33 >
34 > Where is my respect for my contributions to the foundation? It was never given
35 > any respect for my work in 2008 nor now. Though when I speak with others who
36 > know what I did, the situation tends to be different.
37 >
38 > To get respect you must show respect. Others do not show me respect, and
39 > wonder why I do not in return?
40
41 You're turning it around. Expect respect for the past from the past
42 developers. If you start with disrespect to current developers, don't
43 expect respect in return.
44
45 > > Gentoo developers aren't perfect. We can live with many toxic people
46 > > because they are able to give Gentoo something in return. However, if
47 > > the potential issues clearly overrule the potential benefit...
48 >
49 > Given many have less commits, and did less in the past than I did, much less
50 > the present or future. That is a futile argument.
51
52 Again your ego. We are really tired of hearing how much better you are,
53 really.
54
55 > Who is working with the IRS? Why is that not in line since 2008 or ever?
56 >
57 > Who is working on Gentoo Java? Or other things not maintained in tree since
58 > 2008?
59 >
60 > The reason for preventing both? Who am I putting off from working with the
61 > IRS? Why did no one show since 2008. That cannot be because of me, I was not
62 > around.
63 >
64 > Why is there no one doing Java stuff on Gentoo? Who am I putting off from
65 > doing that work?
66 >
67 > Stupid arguments that contradict facts...
68
69 Don't use the neglect of various areas of Gentoo as an excuse to
70 give you full privileges.
71
72 You had more than one opportunity to contribute in various areas. If
73 you believe Comrel or whoever you have a problem with is wrong, prove
74 it. Prove that you can healthily work with others.
77 Best regards,
78 Michał Górny
79 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>