From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Meeting agenda - Council meeting 2018-04-08
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2018 21:24:03
1 On 07/04/18 22:13, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > It's not like he was the first one, and I honestly doubt he's going to
3 > be the last one. This will keep happening as long as ComRel/Council
4 > (i.e. the metastructure part of Gentoo) can't rely on Trustee backing.
5 >
6 > And I'm not talking about Trustees saying they agree with the decisions
7 > or anything like that. All I'm asking for is solidarity. Official
8 > statement such as 'we will respect Council decisions on X as long
9 > as they are legally valid' would be enough. And cutting short all
10 > the suggestions to the contrary.
11 >
12 I would argue a simple statement from the Foundation stating that its a
13 matter that the Council deals with, and something they don't have to
14 comment on, is more than sufficient, imho. If there is a legal
15 implication, that is something the Council should be responsible for
16 bringing to the Foundation's attention... surely?