From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Meeting agenda - Council meeting 2018-04-08
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2018 21:13:33
1 W dniu sob, 07.04.2018 o godzinie 16∶08 -0400, użytkownik Alec Warner
2 napisał:
3 > On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 4:04 PM, Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o>
4 > wrote:
5 >
6 > > Am Samstag, 7. April 2018, 22:01:26 CEST schrieb Matthew Thode:
7 > > >
8 > > > > However, when Daniel Robbins started playing the
9 > > > > trustees against the council again, the situation deteriorated fast.
10 > > >
11 > > > attribution? Who said this?
12 > >
13 > > That is my personal interpretation of events - he became a big supporter of
14 > > the trustees the moment when he realized that his efforts to become an
15 > > honorary council member went nowhere...
18 > As a foundation member (1 person 1 vote) I don't really see drobbins making
19 > much headway in this area.
20 > Are you suggesting his 'trustees-based coup' is successful, or you just
21 > have generic concerns about the two headed-ness of the existing system?
24 It's not like he was the first one, and I honestly doubt he's going to
25 be the last one. This will keep happening as long as ComRel/Council
26 (i.e. the metastructure part of Gentoo) can't rely on Trustee backing.
27
28 And I'm not talking about Trustees saying they agree with the decisions
29 or anything like that. All I'm asking for is solidarity. Official
30 statement such as 'we will respect Council decisions on X as long
31 as they are legally valid' would be enough. And cutting short all
32 the suggestions to the contrary.
35 Best regards,
36 Michał Górny