From: Johannes Huber <johu@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] RFC: GLEP - Require Projects to report to Council Monthly
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 20:33:04
1 Am Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2017, 13:45:39 CET schrieb William L. Thomson Jr.:
2 > This was something the Java team used to do long ago. We used to meet once a
3 > month and discuss what each was working on. How much time each felt they
4 > would have for Gentoo over the next month. We discussed common direction
5 > for the project and other things that really helped coordinate development
6 > efforts and make a pretty functional team and project. Sadly that ended.
7 >
8 > I think that should be expanded as a require for a project. If a project is
9 > formed, it should be required to report on a monthly basis to the council.
10 > It does not have to meet monthly, but that is a good idea is will really
11 > save time in any reporting to Council. This does not require allot of time.
12 > It has many benefits not only within the project, but to the council and
13 > Gentoo.
14 >
15 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Wltjr/GLEP:Project_Monthly_Reports
16
17 And when the projects are not doing it, projects get disbanded. Meaning
18 packages go to single maintainer only. Which means reporting goes away.
19 Great plan!
20
21 Best regards,
22 Johannes