From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o>, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2018-04-08
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 10:00:25
1 W dniu pią, 30.03.2018 o godzinie 00∶39 +0200, użytkownik Andreas K.
2 Huettel napisał:
3 > Am Mittwoch, 28. März 2018, 00:11:30 CEST schrieb Matthias Maier:
4 > > Hi all,
5 > >
6 > > The next council meeting is in about two weeks. This is the time to
7 > > raise and prepare items that the council should put on the agenda to
8 > > discuss or vote on.
9 >
10 > I would like to put the following proposal on the agenda:
11 >
12 > The Gentoo council shall directly contact "Software in the Public Interest
13 > Inc." (SPI), with the intention of Gentoo becoming a SPI Associated Project,
14 > independent of the Gentoo Foundation.
15 >
16 > SPI does not require exclusivity. No transfer of funds or assets of any kind
17 > between it and the Gentoo Foundation is stipulated (it would be the trustees'
18 > responsibility anyway), so any (dys)function of the Gentoo Foundation has no
19 > impact on this new business relationship.
20 >
21 > The intention is for SPI to become secondary service provider for Accepting
22 > Donations, Holding Funds, and Holding Assets.
25 I would take a step further and start abandoning 'Gentoo' assets
26 to the people who have such a great lust of them. Considering the recent
27 actions of drobbins, I do not wish to be part of the distribution whose
28 name is associated with him.
31 Best regards,
32 Michał Górny