From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Cc: Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o>, gentoo-dev-announce <gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2018-04-08
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2018 03:22:40
1 On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 5:00 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > I would take a step further and start abandoning 'Gentoo' assets
4 > to the people who have such a great lust of them. Considering the recent
5 > actions of drobbins, I do not wish to be part of the distribution whose
6 > name is associated with him.
9 If they truly are a burden to maintain, perhaps, but the assets, I
10 think, are one of the things holding the community together. As much
11 as I believe in the power of friendship (a great deal) being able to
12 cooperate and do things easily is crucial for working together towards
13 a common goal.
14
15 The only complaint I might have is that in some cases the assets do
16 not better the community. E.g. donated PowerPC instances. They're
17 free; I contacted OSU, not knowing what else to do, and they offered
18 the project a blank check. Maybe they can't be given out to everyone,
19 and maybe it is true (it is) that I am not to be trusted with
20 anything. But using GCC's POWER machines is rather difficult. There
21 are lots of friends, which makes things cozy.
22
23 Cheers,
24 R0b0t1.