From: Gregory Woodbury <redwolfe@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2018-04-08
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2018 03:57:51
1 > If they truly are a burden to maintain, perhaps, but the assets, I
2 > think, are one of the things holding the community together. As much
3 > as I believe in the power of friendship (a great deal) being able to
4 > cooperate and do things easily is crucial for working together towards
5 > a common goal.
6
7 Has anybody got a scorecard showing the progress of this ball(s)game?
8
9 I has gotton so deep in BS and personally vindictive allegations that
10 it is nearly impossible to keep up with who has made any possiblely
11 valid points, and who is erecting strawmen and/or bikeshedding every
12 little thing.
13
14 The only thing clear here is that there is some sort of power struggle
15 happening in a system that has inadequate controls to deal with toxic
16 or abusive leader and members. I fear that we have gotten a "Church of
17 Gentoo" fundamentalist / progressive / whatever . . . schism, and
18 there is a 'take no prisoners' attitude on all sides. At this point
19 all I see is talking past each other and insistance that 'only
20 we/I/they' have s 'right' to have their demands accepted [or else?]
21
22 FFS. EVERYONE should just SHUT UP for 24 hours and take a break.
23 Go out and smell some flowers (if you are able) or watch a
24 sunset/sunrise/moon... Look at some stars, Watch a silly movies...
25 ANYTHING but this.
28 G.Wolfe Woodbury
29 redwolfe@×××××.com