From: "Haelwenn (lanodan) Monnier" <contact@×××××××××.me>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2019-07-21
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2019 09:02:42
1 [2019-07-07 21:30:59+0200] Ulrich Mueller:
2 > In two weeks from now, the newly elected Council will have its
3 > constituent meeting. This is the time to raise and prepare items that
4 > the Council should put on the agenda to discuss or vote on.
5 >
6 > Please respond to this message with agenda items. Do not hesitate to
7 > repeat your agenda item here with a pointer if you previously
8 > suggested one (since the last meeting).
9 >
10 > The agenda for the meeting will be sent out on Sunday 2019-07-14.
11 >
12 > Please reply to the gentoo-project list.
13 >
14 > Ulrich
15
16 Not sure if as a non-developer I can call for an agenda item but as it
17 has been in other threads by developers I think there should be a
18 removal of the "legal name"[1] part of GLEP-76.
19
20 It's been driving at least two active contributors away, with a least
21 one other person having their name outed, which is a seriously bad
22 flag. (I don't have the link right now to it but could find it at a
23 later time. And I think it would be better to not send it publicly
24 anyway)
25
26 Which is also the reason to why I wouldn't have trust in a
27 proxy/compromise similar such as having the real name known by
28 so-called "trustees".
29
30 1: Which is very vague as depending on the jurisdiction you can quite
31 easily change your name either with a bit of money for the paperwork
32 or having testimony from people that they know you under this name.
35 Haelwenn (lanodan) Monnier