From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo, GitHub, and the Social Contract
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 22:09:29
1 On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 2:19 PM, Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 10:47 AM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> My point is that the team violated the social contract.
5 >
6 > You don't get it. What's done is done. Suggesting that they simply
7 > release everything as is this right this very second is irresponsible.
10 Seems like there is interest all around in opening things up more.
11 That is a good thing. We've been living with this for 10 years - we
12 can take our time to fix it correctly. Scolding a team that already
13 wants to help us all out isn't the right approach.
14
15 I like Robin's "kickstarter" suggestion in general as a potential way
16 to improve things. I'll probably comment further in the other
17 thread...
20 Rich