From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] New developer: Dane Smith (c1pher)
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 00:04:50
1 On 11/07/2010 03:03 PM, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Been slacking on this for a while so time to do something about it. As
3 > the nick implies Dane is joining us from Buffalo, New York to maintain
4 > various crypto packages. I'll let you guys come up with the comedy
5 > relief this time and just let his own words speak for himself:
6 >
7 > I have an extensive background in Mathematics and Cryptography. I'm also
8 > starting to work with Information Security and Computer Security.
9 > I also have a sound background in Networking.
10 >
11 > I'm a math geek who just graduated from SUNY at Buffalo. I like to run,
12 > ski, cycle, and play squash. I enjoy puzzles and programming. I have a
13 > younger brother who I am still desperately trying to convert to the Open
14 > Source world, a father who I have successful converted to Linux, and a
15 > close friend who I got interested in Gentoo years ago.
16 >
17 > Regards,
18 > Petteri
19 >
20 Shock! I'm in Buffalo NY. Dane we'll have to meet in person. I'm an
21 IT prof at D'Youville College.
24 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
25 Gentoo Developer