From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
Cc: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>, gentoo-project@l.g.o, Gentoo Council <council@g.o>, games@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-10-11
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 21:50:00
1 >>>>> On Sun, 18 Oct 2015, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > The value of keeping the status quo is that it is the status quo,
4 > IMO. Tweaking it makes it no longer the status quo and it just means
5 > lot of change for questionable value (again, IMO).
6
7 > I'd just as soon do away with the games eclass altogether if we're
8 > going to make a change. Then games become like any other package.
9 > That is a state I think is worth changing for. If we're just going
10 > to move one or two directories around, I don't really see why we
11 > need to make everybody jump through hoops, unless those few
12 > directories are causing major problems today.
13
14 In fact, under the second option almost all locations would be the
15 standard locations. The single exception would be /var/games which is
16 used for shared highscore/bones files. These require special treatment
17 (permissions etc.) in any case.
18
19 Ulrich