From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] use FEATURES=test at the tinderbox
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 20:28:09
1 On Sun, Jul 02, 2017 at 07:35:57PM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On nie, 2017-07-02 at 17:22 +0200, Toralf Förster wrote:
3 > > Hi,
6 > > after a talk at IRC I started to broaden the scope of the tinderbox [1]
7 > > by adding FEATURES=test .
8 > >
9 > > A lot of findings did appear immediately.
10 > >
11 > > That's why now only the packages defined in [2] (requested at IRC by
12 > > gentoo devs) will have that feature aktivated.
13 > >
14 > > Over the time I do plan to add more categories - will see, how it is
15 > > going on.
16 > >
17 > > If you like seeing your package categories in [2] - just drop me a
18 > > message in IRC.
19 > >
20 > > And ofc "notest" is a valid decision too - just ping me for that too.
24 > > [1] https://zwiebeltoralf.de/tinderbox.html
25 > >
26 > > [2] https://github.com/toralf/tinderbox/blob/master/data/package.env.common
29 > All packages are required to pass tests, or disable them. Having
30 > a package with a lot of failing tests just because the developer is too
31 > lazy to even look at them is not good for anyone.
32
33 I wouldn't have said it like this, but I tend to agree. you should have
34 FEATURES=test turned on and if tests are failing it should be up to the
35 maintainers to either fix or disable them.
36
37 They can be disabled by adding RESTRICT="test" in the ebuilds.
38
39 Thanks,
40
41 William