From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] use FEATURES=test at the tinderbox
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2017 17:36:06
1 On nie, 2017-07-02 at 17:22 +0200, Toralf Förster wrote:
2 > Hi,
5 > after a talk at IRC I started to broaden the scope of the tinderbox [1]
6 > by adding FEATURES=test .
7 >
8 > A lot of findings did appear immediately.
9 >
10 > That's why now only the packages defined in [2] (requested at IRC by
11 > gentoo devs) will have that feature aktivated.
12 >
13 > Over the time I do plan to add more categories - will see, how it is
14 > going on.
15 >
16 > If you like seeing your package categories in [2] - just drop me a
17 > message in IRC.
18 >
19 > And ofc "notest" is a valid decision too - just ping me for that too.
23 > [1] https://zwiebeltoralf.de/tinderbox.html
24 >
25 > [2] https://github.com/toralf/tinderbox/blob/master/data/package.env.common
28 All packages are required to pass tests, or disable them. Having
29 a package with a lot of failing tests just because the developer is too
30 lazy to even look at them is not good for anyone.
31
32 Thanks to this 'I do not care about tests' attitude, adding python3.5 to
33 packages was an utter pain -- instead of spending a few minutes on
34 testing stuff and adding new implementation, I spent hours on fixing
35 tests to even run correctly.
38 Best regards,
39 Michał Górny