From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-05-14
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 15:28:06
1 On Wed, 1 May 2013 16:22:47 +0100
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, 01 May 2013 08:18:50 -0700
5 > Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
6 > > I know that this feature has been questioned by some, especially by
7 > > people involved with Paludis (which doesn't implement preserve-libs).
8 > > I think that the main compliant is that preserve-libs doesn't
9 > > preserve any non-library dependencies (such as configuration files)
10 > > that a library may depend on.
11 >
12 > ...and that it's utterly frickin' broken as a concept, and that
13 > adopting it will slow down people switching to the proper solution to
14 > the problem, which is slots.
15
16 Convince the developers to split packages into proper parts, then we
17 can talk. Or even better, convince upstreams to split their packages.
20 Best regards,
21 Michał Górny