From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-05-14
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 15:22:56
1 On Wed, 01 May 2013 08:18:50 -0700
2 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3 > I know that this feature has been questioned by some, especially by
4 > people involved with Paludis (which doesn't implement preserve-libs).
5 > I think that the main compliant is that preserve-libs doesn't
6 > preserve any non-library dependencies (such as configuration files)
7 > that a library may depend on.
8
9 ...and that it's utterly frickin' broken as a concept, and that
10 adopting it will slow down people switching to the proper solution to
11 the problem, which is slots.
14 Ciaran McCreesh