From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] A committee to review umbrellas as a new home for Gentoo assets.
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 23:11:44
1 On Monday, January 16, 2017 2:38:55 PM EST Alec Warner wrote:
2 > According to the bylaws and NM law, the board may direct the formation of
3 > specific committees. I recommend we form an adhoc research committee to do
4 > the following:
5 >
6 > 1) Draw up a list of requirements for umbrella organizations (output, a
7 > document of requirements.)
8 > 2) Draw up a list of umbrella organizations (SPI, SFC, etc.)
9 > 3) Evaluate each umbrella organization with regards to requirements in 1.
10 > 4) Provide a non-binding recommendation to the board.
11
12 A missing step should be to inquire with each to see if they can take Gentoo.
13 If Gentoo will not qualify, be approved, etc. There is not much to recommend.
14
15 Example, in the past the SFC could not afford to take on Gentoo financially.
18 William L. Thomson Jr.