From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 00:24:57
1 On Sunday, November 6, 2016 4:25:49 PM EST Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 3:47 PM, M. J. Everitt <m.j.everitt@×××.org> wrote:
3 > > I'm not entirely sure your experience bears out. I've seen exclusions in
4 > > the time I've been involved with Gentoo, and on very debatable grounds.
5 >
6 > Such as? I don't claim to be privy to ever comrel action, only those
7 > which are appealed, and there haven't been many of those. If somebody
8 > is so convinced that they won't prevail on appeal that they don't even
9 > bother, then it is hard to be sympathetic to the claim that they've
10 > done nothing wrong.
11
12 There is also a lack of confidence in any appeal process.
13
14 What are the states?
15 Number of appeals over Gentoo's lifetime?
16 Number of appeals that were successful, and the outcome?
17
18 IMHO the whole appeal and comrel stuff is needless bureaucracy that is just a
19 waste of time all around. Comrel should resolve matters. Never should it
20 create a situation which requires appeal. That would be escalation rather than
21 resolution and deescalation.
24 William L. Thomson Jr.