From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council 2022-23: Questions for Candidates: how to increase contributions
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 22:05:18
1 On Fri, Jul 1, 2022 at 8:48 PM Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Fri, 2022-07-01 at 18:07 -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
4 > > I am hoping that the transition to gitlab will include moving all of
5 > > our
6 > > work over there and not accepting prs from github. That way everyone
7 > > will contribute through the same workflow.
8 >
9 > I would really prefer if someone worked on the GitLab accessibility
10 > issues before someone tried to do that. Like, made GitLab something
11 > more than a blank site on less-than-state-of-art web browsers.
12
13 I'm tracking requests for gitlab, so far the only 2 outstanding things
14 I am aware of are:
15 - Add additional login possibilities (so e.g. external contributors
16 can use our gitlab.)
17 - sync groups from some internal gentoo sources, so we can help
18 people configure groups and repos on gitlab.
19
20 If there are other concerns, please bring them to my attention in
21 #gentoo-gitlab or email gitlab@g.o or file a bug against infra
22 in the git component.
23
24 Thanks,