From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Social Contract clean-up
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 16:38:34
1 On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 10:23 AM, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
2
3 Sure, the Trustees have no authority over these volunteers -- as long as
4 >> they are not operating under the Gentoo name, Gentoo infrastructure, Gentoo
5 >> repos, not using the Gentoo logo, Gentoo domains, etc. They are totally
6 >> free to leave the project which is run by the Trustees, and then the
7 >> trustees have no authority over them. But as long as they are on a project
8 >> called "Gentoo Linux", the trustees have the authority to remove assholes
9 >> from the project if they so desire.
12 > Cool, if you want the name, maybe we should just negotiate selling it back
13 > to you so you can do whatever with it?
16 Nice snarky non-sequitur.
17
18 What I want is for Gentoo members to understand the role of the Trustees.
19 So far, it seems that ulm and you are both openly hostile to the concept of
20 trustees, and yet you operate in a project that is run by trustees. So,
21 while I could reply in turn with a snarky comment like "suck it", or
22 whatever, I will instead say that I tend to try to side with reality,
23 because reality always wins. Unless of course, you choose to engage in mass
24 delusion, which is always an option as well.
25
26 -Daniel