From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Social Contract clean-up
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 17:09:16
1 >>>>> On Wed, 28 Mar 2018, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2
3 > What I want is for Gentoo members to understand the role of the
4 > Trustees.
5
6 Please define "Gentoo members". Do you mean the 192 developers, the 92
7 members of the foundation, or the 71 developers (about 35 %) that at
8 the same time are foundation members?
9
10 > So far, it seems that ulm and you are both openly hostile to the
11 > concept of trustees,
12
13 For the record, this is not the case and I have never said this.
14
15 > and yet you operate in a project that is run by trustees. So, while
16 > I could reply in turn with a snarky comment like "suck it", or
17 > whatever, I will instead say that I tend to try to side with
18 > reality, because reality always wins.
19
20 Reality is that there will be no winner if we start fighting against
21 each other, like trustees trying to override council, or vice versa.
22
23 Ulrich