From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo, GitHub, and the Social Contract
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 02:20:29
1 Andrew Savchenko:
2 > On Tue, 17 Feb 2015 06:52:24 +0000 (UTC) Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
3 > wrote:
4 >> On Mon, 16 Feb 2015, Michael Jones wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 7:43 AM, Anthony G. Basile <blueness@g.o>
7 >>> wrote:
8 >>>
9 >>>> Its fine as long as infra is the centre of our operations. Because github
10 >>>> is so much better than cvs provided by infra (sorry infra its true) I worry
11 >>>> that we'll depend on it too much. To be honest, I love the entire github
12 >>>> workflow and would feel much better if we could just own it ourselves.
13 >>>>
14 >>>
15 >>> In case folks on this list haven't seen it before, Gerrit[1] offers a
16 >>> workflow that might be attractive to Gentoo, over and above GitHub's.
17 >>
18 >> A few people have mentioned gerrit over time and the infra team is aware
19 >> of it. Unfortunately, gerrit requires Java[1].
20 >
21 > Try gogs, its very fast, relatively lightweigth and requires only
22 > Go :)
23 > http://gogs.io/
26 It doesn't even support pull requests (yet).
27
28 Deploying is very easy though (opposed to gitlab).