From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo, GitHub, and the Social Contract
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 14:19:00
1 On Tue, 17 Feb 2015 06:52:24 +0000 (UTC) Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
2 wrote:
3 > On Mon, 16 Feb 2015, Michael Jones wrote:
4 >
5 > > On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 7:43 AM, Anthony G. Basile <blueness@g.o>
6 > > wrote:
7 > >
8 > >> Its fine as long as infra is the centre of our operations. Because github
9 > >> is so much better than cvs provided by infra (sorry infra its true) I worry
10 > >> that we'll depend on it too much. To be honest, I love the entire github
11 > >> workflow and would feel much better if we could just own it ourselves.
12 > >>
13 > >
14 > > In case folks on this list haven't seen it before, Gerrit[1] offers a
15 > > workflow that might be attractive to Gentoo, over and above GitHub's.
16 >
17 > A few people have mentioned gerrit over time and the infra team is aware
18 > of it. Unfortunately, gerrit requires Java[1].
19
20 Try gogs, its very fast, relatively lightweigth and requires only
21 Go :)
22 http://gogs.io/
23
24 Best regards,