From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Social Contract clean-up
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 00:09:25
1 Hey All,
2
3 It appears that the Social Contract needs a bit of a clean-up. The first
4 paragraph of the social contract is actually an introductory paragraph and
5 was not meant to be part of the social contract itself. I recommend
6 revising it to read:
7
8 "This social contract is intended to clearly describe the overall
9 development policies and standards of the Gentoo project development team.
10 Potential improvements to the social contract should be submitted to the
11 Gentoo Linux bug tracker at https://bugs.gentoo.org, and assigned to
12 gentoo-trustees. Specific questions about social contract, and discussion
13 about potential future improvements can be posted to the gentoo-project
14 mailing list."
15
16 I think this effectively modernizes the paragraph from the old days. In
17 particular, a lot of people expect the social contract to not change
18 radically so the idea of "comments are welcome" has been gone for many
19 years. We are not actively soliciting feedback and tweaks but of course we
20 have official channels for Social Contract discussion as well as a process
21 for considering improvements to the Social Contract moving forward.
22
23 Best,
24
25 Daniel