From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Social Contract clean-up
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 00:15:53
1 On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 8:09 PM, Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > "This social contract is intended to clearly describe the overall
4 > development policies and standards of the Gentoo project development team.
5 > Potential improvements to the social contract should be submitted to the
6 > Gentoo Linux bug tracker at https://bugs.gentoo.org, and assigned to
7 > gentoo-trustees. Specific questions about social contract, and discussion
8 > about potential future improvements can be posted to the gentoo-project
9 > mailing list."
12 Wouldn't it make sense to have these assigned to the council?
13
14 GLEP 39 states that "Global issues will be decided by an elected
15 Gentoo Council." Surely the social contract is a global issue, and I
16 don't see any exception in GLEP 39 pertaining to the social contract
17 specifically.
18
19 (Apologies for the repost, but it looks like the thread was split
20 shortly after I sent the former one.)
23 Rich