From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questions for Gentoo Council nominees: Gentoo Foundation
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 22:28:15
1 In my specific case I've offered my expertise by answering accounting specific questions as well as writing a proposal for a RFP for further help. I do however get annoyed when some foundation members starting to interfere in matters outside ther scope.
2 -------- Original message --------From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o> Date: 6/27/19 00:13 (GMT+01:00) To: gentoo-project@l.g.o Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questions for Gentoo Council nominees: Gentoo Foundation On 19-06-27 00:06:05, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:> On 6/27/19 12:03 AM, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:> > On 6/26/19 11:54 PM, Matthew Thode wrote:> >> On 19-06-26 21:45:48, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:> >>> On 6/25/19 1:23 AM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:> >>>> To the Council nominees, I put forward the following questions, around> >>>> the Gentoo Foundation:> >>>>> >>>> 1. What's your opinion of the past relationship between the Council &> >>>>    Foundation?> >>>> >>> The council has been critical of the way the foundation has been run,> >>> for good reasons.> >>>> >>> >> Do you mind enumerating the reasons and the actions you wish to see> >> taken?> > > > The foundation has failed to run an operation in accordance with the> > laws and legislation of a foundation when it comes to, in particular,> > accounting matters of a number of years, which is a disgrace. The> > primary responsibility of the board of directors and its officers is to> > ensure that the foundation comply with applicable laws and file the> > necessary paperwork for its operation for things including tax matters.> > the other thing the foundation is responsible for is protecting> copyright, in this case there isn't a significant issue, but it needs to> keep track of, and defend against, others using the Gentoo brand for> various cases (since most of Gentoo Foundation IP is tied to the> logo/brand) and no anything related to the actual code (that belongs to> other copyright owners)> This one I think we have done well at, mainly sending C&D emails/lettersas needed (which it generally is not needed).Beyond the above two points, as a follow on question.1. How would you work to improve the relationship with the foundation?-- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)