From: Rich Freeman <rich@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Code of Conduct
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 12:41:02
1 On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:
2 > I would delete everything from "Examples of inappropriate behavior" to
3 > the credits at the end. Escalation, punishment and appeal is already
4 > covered by devrel documentation.
7 I suspect that lack of punishment was basically the whole reason the
8 original CoC was written, and the whole reason the topic came up
9 again.
10
11 > If you want to say anything about enforcement in the CoC remind readers
12 > that everyone is responsible for enforcement.
13
14 That sounds a bit like nobody is responsible for enforcement. The
15 only thing devs can do to basically do what they're already doing -
16 having running arguments on the lists. The only way to block
17 inappropriate behavior is to moderate it.
18
19 Whether we want to do that is up to the community, but the existing
20 CoC is fine as-is if you don't want to do anything about enforcement,
21 IMHO.
22
23 Rich