From: Alice Ferrazzi <alicef@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>, Gokturk Yuksek <gokturk@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items -- council meeting 2019-04-14
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 06:17:54
1 The 04/10/2019 07:59, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > >>>>> On Wed, 10 Apr 2019, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
3 >
4 > >>>>> On Tue, 09 Apr 2019, Gokturk Yuksek wrote:
5 >
6 > > I'd like to (informally) propose the following, for which I'm willing
7 > > to formulate as a GLEP proposal if there is interest:
8 >
9 > > The Foundation has an established practice of storing the legal names
10 > > of developers who join under a pseudonym. The infrastructure is
11 > > already in place for this. I think that allowing these developers to
12 > > commit using their pseudonyms as long as the Foundation is informed
13 > > their real identity does not exacerbate the legal risks they already
14 > > pose. The foundation may decide their arbitrary criteria on who is
15 > > eligible for this type of protection, including requiring sound legal
16 > > reasons for them to keep their identities hidden. I understand that
17 > > the maintenance of this could be a burden for the Foundation in
18 > > theory, but in practice I suspect this number is very low already.
19 >
20 > That doesn't work, because there would be no way for a person outside of
21 > the Foundation to verify such identities.
22 >
23 There is no way also for foundation to check all sign-off are assigned
24 to real legal names.
25
26 > To clarify, I won't be opposed against making a specific exception and
27 > "grandfathering" any devs who had commit access before the cut-off date
28 > when GLEP 76 was implemented.
31 I propose foundation to vote for add the use of pseudonym in the GLEP 76.
32 For keeping Gentoo a confortable and inclusive place.
33
34 > However, going forward, we shouldn't allow any further exceptions from
35 > the real name policy.
38 who said that we cannot allow any further excepions from the real name
39 policy?
43 Thanks,
44 Alice Ferrazzi
45
46 Gentoo Kernel Project Leader
47 PGP: 2E4E 0856 461C 0585 1336 F496 5621 A6B2 8638 781A