From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Social Contract clean-up
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 19:52:57
1 On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 1:42 PM, Paweł Hajdan, Jr. <phajdan.jr@g.o>
2 wrote:
3
4 > On 31/03/2018 22:30, Rich Freeman wrote:
5 > > More than most distros Gentoo already gives users a lot of empowerment
6 > > by giving them meaningful choices. They don't get to vote for their
7 > > favorite service manager, then some committee listens to their input
8 > > and picks the final answer for them that they can take or leave. No,
9 > > we actually give them more than one, and they get to make their own
10 > > final decision.
11 >
12 > Spot on.
13 >
14 > This is one of the key things that I value in Gentoo: I can make choices
15 > myself that in other distros are decided once, globally.
18 I also so very much agree, strongly. :) However, this doesn't mean that
19 user feedback isn't valuable in other areas (pain points, installation
20 issues, prioritizing bugs, etc.)
21
22 Best,
23