From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Fw: Your temporary 2 week suspension on interacting on the Gentoo Github page
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 09:24:55
1 On Wed, 17 May 2017 01:42:23 -0500
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > It's not that we disagree, it's that I get the impression that some
5 > don't see the problem or just think ignoring it will help fix it. The
6 > biggest thing that bothers me on this, the person who put in all that
7 > effort and didn't accomplish anything. It wasn't because he did
8 > anything incorrectly, didn't work with others or follow the process to
9 > get the work done.
10
11 Yeah, I mean, sometimes its complicated because its not safe to just
12 let outsiders to whatever, but there's nobody capable of reviewing
13 their changes.... or something like that.
14
15 What also doesn't help is getting lots of lengthy meta-discsussion
16 around a problem instead of clear negotiation of what has to happen.
17
18 But lets not blame past interactions on the result of future ones.
19
20 Lets just concede things were sub-optimal in the past and strive to do
21 better, because its not like we have time machines.