From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] RFC: GLEP - Require Projects to report to Council Monthly
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 15:01:00
1 On Friday, January 20, 2017 1:13:30 PM EST Johannes Huber wrote:
2 > > It is about working together rather than in silos.
3 >
4 > It isnt. Please proove that we are not working together instead of creating
5 > theses without facts. I see a lot of communication in irc.
6
7 How does anyone know what each project is up to now?
8 How does the council know?
9 What about the general community?
10
11 There might be communication in each IRC channel but they do not overlap. This
12 is about connecting all projects. Feeding their information back to council,
13 and else where like News team, community, press, etc.
14
15 As shown some of this information used to be available in the GWN. Teams that
16 meet and keep minutes or logs of such. Also are already generating this
17 information.
18
19 Here is an example of that, there are more just like it
20 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/
21 ca1bbe0222e2d6b1ed92ea3c393f6ba5
22
23 Does anyone know whats going on in say Gentoo Java? As another example.
26 William L. Thomson Jr.