From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Social Contract clean-up
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 23:42:46
1 On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 04:44:21PM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > The latest news seems to be that nobody can find any evidence that
3 > anybody has filed the legally-required annual tax forms (which was
4 > news to me because when I was on the Trustees I'm pretty sure I had
5 > been told that they were being filed).
6 I wouldn't call this the 'latest' news. It's known for nearly two years
7 at this point.
8
9 Matthew Summers (quantumsummers), in his previous role as treasurer, and
10 during public trustee meetings, stated that he had a CPA for Gentoo, and
11 that filing was taking place [1].
12
13 As the successor treasurer to quantumsummers, I sought out those
14 filings, and could not find any evidence that they actually took place:
15 - The IRS claimed no record of the filings.
16 - quantumsummers did not:
17 - reply to any requests asking for the filings
18 - nor my request to get the CPA's contact information
19
20 In my reconstructed book-keeping, there were also no expenses on record
21 paying for any accounting during quantumsummers' tenure, nor any
22 unaccounted expenses or income that could be correlated to it [2]
23
24 [1] Here's the entries from the repo that holds the meeting logs:
25 git://git.gentoo.org/sites/projects/foundation.git
26 # git grep -i -e 'quantumsummers.*CPA' \
27 >sites-projects-foundation-git__quantumsummers-cpa.txt
28 https://dev.gentoo.org/~robbat2/sites-projects-foundation-git__quantumsummers-cpa.txt
29
30 [2] There was a gap in source records earlier, when NetBank collapsed,
31 but quantumsummers was not yet a trustee, and never had access to the
32 NetBank account. I have a small loss recorded for that account & time-
33 frame, that was probably unrecorded expenses (under $500 total) drawn
34 from the NetBank account prior to the FDIC insurance coverage. It could
35 have been more than that only if there was also unrecorded income to
36 that account.
39 Robin Hugh Johnson
40 Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Treasurer
41 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
42 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
43 GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136