From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] libressl/openbsd fundraising campaign
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 19:47:02
1 On 03/04/15 13:50, hasufell wrote:
2 > As one of the contributors of the gentoo libressl ebuild overlay [0]
3 > I've been asked to retweet the libressl/openbsd call for donation in
4 > 2015 [1].
5 >
6 > Since a lot of people think of gentoo in terms of "freedom of choice", I
7 > think the gentoo community might be interested to endorse the efforts of
8 > the libressl developers.
9 >
10 > I don't intend to regularly post fundraising requests, but since openssl
11 > is such a fundamental part of our operating system and internet
12 > security, I guess it makes sense to raise awareness here.
15 > --
16 > [0] https://github.com/gentoo/libressl
17 > [1] http://www.openbsdfoundation.org/campaign2015.html
20 Thanks you for posting this. I understand and share your caution about
21 posting about fundraisers, but there are a few issues worth
22 "retweeting". I think this is one.
23
24 openssl + heartbleed and all that made me aware how tenuous some
25 critical opensource projects are. Another example is bash. Yet another
26 is gpg. Its good to get the word out.
29 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
30 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
31 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
32 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
33 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA