From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] pre-GLEP: Gentoo Developer status
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 07:24:37
1 W dniu pią, 13.04.2018 o godzinie 23∶28 +0200, użytkownik Francisco Blas
2 Izquierdo Riera (klondike) napisał:
3 > Hi Michał,
4 >
5 > Taking into account that the letter and not the spirit of GLEP 39 is
6 > usually thrown around as a weapon ("INFORMATIVE", HAH!). I strongly
7 > disrecommend having more "informative" policies.
8 >
9 > Not to say that whether you like it or not, not all non ebuild related
10 > developer work is necessarily tied to a project. Even GLEP 39 mentions
11 > this: "Not everything (or everyone) needs a project."
12
13 If you have a good example of a developer contributing to Gentoo without
14 having commit access and without being tied to a project, I'm all ears.
15
16 > As a closing note, I'm really getting tired of all this "Either you
17 > write ebuilds or you are a piece of shit" philosophy that is running on
18 > the ambient nowadays. If such people want a developer centric source
19 > based distro, who gives shit about the non developers I strongly
20 > recommend trying Exherbo instead.
23 This is highly inappropriate, especially given that you are a public
24 representative of Gentoo. The GLEP *explicitly* defines that there are
25 both ebuild and non-ebuild contributions, so whatever you're making up,
26 it's irrelevant to the topic at hand.
29 Best regards,
30 Michał Górny