From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items -- Council meeting 09-10-2012
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 18:02:08
1 El vie, 05-10-2012 a las 06:31 -0400, Rich Freeman escribió:
2 > On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 4:46 AM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > I don't see any advantage in deprecating intermediate EAPIs, before we
5 > > deprecate EAPI 0. What problem are you trying to solve?
8 > ++
9 >
10 > I'm all for a policy that says to use slot deps whenever appropriate,
11 > or to otherwise do things that actually have a real impact on the
12 > quality/functionality of the distro. That might in practice mean
13 > using newer EAPIs on a lot of stuff. However, I don't see the value
14 > in bumping for its own sake.
15 >
16 > Legislate outcomes, not details.
17 >
18 > Rich
22 Probably deprecating eapi1 would be interesting as probably most ebuilds
23 would benefit from having additional src_prepare and src_configure
24 phases.
25
26 Regarding eapi4, it also has interesting changes like automatically
27 passing --disable-dependency-tracking, they also ban dosed and dohard