From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items -- Council meeting 09-10-2012
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 12:02:06
1 On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 4:46 AM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > I don't see any advantage in deprecating intermediate EAPIs, before we
4 > deprecate EAPI 0. What problem are you trying to solve?
7 ++
8
9 I'm all for a policy that says to use slot deps whenever appropriate,
10 or to otherwise do things that actually have a real impact on the
11 quality/functionality of the distro. That might in practice mean
12 using newer EAPIs on a lot of stuff. However, I don't see the value
13 in bumping for its own sake.
14
15 Legislate outcomes, not details.
16