From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items -- Council meeting 09-10-2012
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 09:03:09
1 >>>>> On Fri, 05 Oct 2012, Patrick Lauer wrote:
2
3 > I would suggest adding a repoman warning for adding new ebuilds with
4 > EAPI={1,2,3} now, turn that into an error for EAPI 1 in a short time
5 > (3 months?), then do the same for EAPI 2 a short while later with a
6 > longer timeline (as there are substantially more ebuilds with EAPI 2)
7
8 I don't see any advantage in deprecating intermediate EAPIs, before we
9 deprecate EAPI 0. What problem are you trying to solve?
10
11 Ulrich