From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items -- Council meeting 09-10-2012
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 09:02:29
1 On 10/05/12 14:28, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > On 04-10-2012 20:32:41 +0200, Pacho Ramos wrote:
3 >>> And what about current usage in the tree with current eapis? Regarding
4 >>> IUSE_FLATTENED I have no problem with it, but will need to talk with
5 >>> portage team also as they have the current implementation
6 >>
7 >> And then, I think council should clarify what to do with current usages
8 >> in the tree with eapi0-4
9 >
10 > Why should the Council clarify that?
11 >
12 > (Not that we're unwilling, but I don't see why Council should be the
13 > initiator here.)
16 For quite a while we have had ideas and discussions about deprecating
17 older EAPIs - expected benefits being things like not remembering the
18 little variations between the six official flavours.
19
20 I would suggest adding a repoman warning for adding new ebuilds with
21 EAPI={1,2,3} now, turn that into an error for EAPI 1 in a short time (3
22 months?), then do the same for EAPI 2 a short while later with a longer
23 timeline (as there are substantially more ebuilds with EAPI 2)