From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Foundation membership and who can join
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 18:16:19
1 On 10/13/2016 12:29 PM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 > On Thursday, October 13, 2016 11:35:42 AM EDT Matthew Thode wrote:
3 >> Current bylaws state that to become a member you need to petition the
4 >> trustees for membership to the foundation. What verification is done by
5 >> trustees is up in the air. Members also seem to be members for life
6 >> unless they remove themselves are are removed by a vote of the trustees.
7 >
8 > It is not in the current By Laws.
9 >
10 > I seem to recall there were provision stating you remain a member as long as
11 > you actively vote. If you do not vote after some period you can lose your
12 > membership via means of forfeit or something to that effect.
13 >
14 > I cannot find a link to it in the Gentoo archives, but my memory is correct.
15 > See forwarded message below. I guess this never made it into the adopted by
16 > laws. They should likely be amended.
17 >
18 > The rationale was if you are not voting after a period of time. You obviously
19 > lost interest, and thus membership. You could always re-apply to be a member
20 > of the foundation if removed due to inactivity/non-voting.
21 >
22 > ---------- Forwarded Message ----------
23 >
24 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Bylaws question - 4.4 Continuation of membership:
25 > Loss of interest
26 > Date: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 11:26:27 PM EDT
27 > From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
28 > To: Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o>
29 > CC: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
30 >