From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Foundation membership and who can join
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 17:29:49
1 On Thursday, October 13, 2016 11:35:42 AM EDT Matthew Thode wrote:
2 > Current bylaws state that to become a member you need to petition the
3 > trustees for membership to the foundation. What verification is done by
4 > trustees is up in the air. Members also seem to be members for life
5 > unless they remove themselves are are removed by a vote of the trustees.
6
7 It is not in the current By Laws.
8
9 I seem to recall there were provision stating you remain a member as long as
10 you actively vote. If you do not vote after some period you can lose your
11 membership via means of forfeit or something to that effect.
12
13 I cannot find a link to it in the Gentoo archives, but my memory is correct.
14 See forwarded message below. I guess this never made it into the adopted by
15 laws. They should likely be amended.
16
17 The rationale was if you are not voting after a period of time. You obviously
18 lost interest, and thus membership. You could always re-apply to be a member
19 of the foundation if removed due to inactivity/non-voting.
20
21 ---------- Forwarded Message ----------
22
23 Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Bylaws question - 4.4 Continuation of membership:
24 Loss of interest
25 Date: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 11:26:27 PM EDT
26 From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
27 To: Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o>
28 CC: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
29