From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Trying to become a Gentoo Developer again spanning 8 years...
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 01:28:06
1 On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 9:18 PM, Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > That said I think the principle of avoiding a conflict of interest is still
4 > a meritorious one.
5
6 Avoiding conflicts of interest is an absolute necessity. However, I
7 still dispute that overlapping membership between Comrel, Proctors,
8 Council, Trustees, etc is a conflict of interest.
9
10 Now, somebody voting on a case where they are a party would be a
11 conflict of interest.
12
13 A conflict of interest exists when somebody can make a decision that
14 is bad for Gentoo, but good for them personally.
15
16 As I mentioned, I believe this is a minority opinion around here.
17 That's ok, even if you're all wrong I can still follow the policy, and
18 it is a bit moot in my case since I'm not in Comrel... :)
21 Rich