From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] GLEP-0076's "committer's Legal name" vs international names
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 19:38:57
1 >>>>> On Fri, 21 May 2021, Robin H Johnson wrote:
2
3 > I've recently seen a bug [1] where a contributer was implicitly told
4 > that their name wasn't their "full name".
5
6 > GLEP-0076 states "The sign-off must contain the committer's legal name
7 > as a natural person, i.e., the name that would appear in a government
8 > issued document."
9
10 > If the person has multiple government-issued documents that don't
11 > exactly match, but ARE a form accepted by the issuing government, then
12 > Gentoo SHOULD accept them, and clearly document known forms (probably in
13 > an appendix to the GLEP).
14
15 > I'd like this the GLEP text I cited above, to be changed to:
16 > "The sign-off must contain the committer's legal name as a natural
17 > person, i.e., the name that would appear in a government issued
18 > document, in the commonly used form for that committer. (See Appendix
19 > for examples)"
20
21 No objections against the idea, but I wonder if such an appendix should
22 be included directly with the policy. I would expect it to be extended
23 or changed more often than would be convenient for reapproval by
24 Council and Trustees each time.
25
26 Maybe keeping it in a separate document as "supporting documentation"
27 would be more appropriate, with GLEP 76 referring to it?
28
29 Ulrich