From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] On the way Devrel is constituted
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 20:44:07
1 On 19.6.2013 23.18, hasufell wrote:
2 > While I appreciate devrel being more active in serious situations (I
3 > actually proposed that in another thread), I question the way Devrel
4 > is constituted.
5 >
6 > How was devrel formed? Who started it? What's the procedure of getting in?
9 The project is old:
10
11 revision 1.1
12 date: 2003-07-14 00:49:03 +0300; author: seemant; state: Exp;
13 first version of project description page
14
15 While I have been here for a better part of the decade, older farts (in
16 dev time) are needed to comment on who started it.
19 > What is a possible solution?
20 > Let the council elect all members. That way the power still comes from
21 > the dev community, although they do not vote devrel directly. The
22 > council should vote anonymously, so that no connection between council
23 > member and elected devrel member can be drawn which could otherwise
24 > affect the election of the council.
25 > This system should prevent people from thinking two steps ahead when
26 > voting the council.
29 The council can already do that if they so choose. Granted if this
30 process was made explicit it could have some influence on the turnover.
31 In practice so far oversight has not been a problem (though since for
32 quite a few years I have been part of both bodies the two have been
33 quite connected).
34
35 Regards,
36 Petteri