From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: hasufell@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Tinderbox and building everything
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 15:50:54
1 On Sat, 10 May 2014 12:50:15 +0000
2 hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I don't have a problem with your line of argumentation, I have a
5 > problem with what the lead and "deputy lead" (or whatever the title
6 > is called) said. I can't even take their comments seriously.
7
8 It is way more serious if you consider my comment to be like driving
9 a car when you haven't even fixed its brakes; there are different
10 priorities involved here, one is much more important than the other.
11
12 People that don't want to consider the full picture are welcome to call
13 it silly, childish or non-serious; however, I'm serious about it and I
14 hope the QA team (which that comment addresses) is serious as well.
15
16 As for build failures; that boils down to either the maintainer fixing
17 it as it is their problem, treecleaners cleaning it (but even they have
18 a long backlog) or someone that is interested to fix it. But in no way
19 it is QA's problem; as our task is Quality Assurance, which doesn't*
20 imply fixing maintainer's problems (but does imply m-n / cleaning it).
21
22 * We can try to help to some extent.
25 With kind regards,
26
27 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
28 Gentoo Developer
29
30 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
31 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
32 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D